Our client is a well-known Asset Manager in The Netherlands
Financial Risk Management is a corporate department within the CFRO domain that supports the Executive Committee by identifying, monitoring and reporting on market, counterparty, liquidity, model, and strategic risk. As Financial Risk Manager you will be part of an international team that consists of passionate and driven risk professionals. Financial Risk Management is responsible for the risk management of both enterprise risk and the client portfolios.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day financial risk management and actively challenge and advise portfolio management. Therefore we are looking for a dedicated and professional Risk Manager who is looking for the next step in his career. You are a team player and your communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively collaborate with both internal stakeholders and (potential) clients.
You are analytical and yet pragmatic to ensure efficient daily risk management of the investment portfolios that fall within you responsibility. You will be working with several stakeholders (e.g. portfolio management, legal, compliance, restrictions) within the firm, and are expected to actively promote the risk awareness throughout the organization.
The position involves a variety of activities, including;
- Day-to-day risk management for our product range compromising a variety of strategies.
- Thorough assessment of risk exposures in relation to actual and future risk drivers in the financial markets and create awareness and transparency regarding the relevant risks in portfolios.
- Ensure that our risk framework and policies cover all key risks and all relevant aspects in a consistent, transparent and proactive manner.
- Contribute to and participating in relevant committee’s on behalf of financial risk management.
- Support senior management with ad-hoc risk assessments and reviews
- Has an academic degree, (preferably in) Econometrics, Economics or Finance. CFA Charter holder and/or Certified FRM is a plus;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of Financial Risk Management, within an Asset Management environment;
- Works independently while remaining a strong team player with excellent communication skills, both written, oral and presentational;
- Is hands on, down to earth, pro-active, problem solver and result oriented;
- Is capable to translate ideas into concrete proposals and changes;
- Has strong analytical skills, accurate and pragmatic if required;
- A challenging and varied position in a professional environment and rapidly changing industry;
- An organization that welcomes personal input and initiative with short reporting lines to senior management;
- Plenty of room for self-development;
- Excellent terms of employment.
Information: Dick Macrander – 06-33315227