Team and organisation
Managing compliance risk and complying with bank relevant applicable laws, regulations and standards in both personal and business conduct is the responsibility of every employee within the organisation. Compliance supports management and employees in these tasks. Management is responsible for identifying and communicating compliance requirements that each employee must fulfil in day-to-day business activities. Compliance provides the necessary assistance and advice.
The Head of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs and Compliance team are based in The Hague and designated Local Compliance Officers (LCO) in the other NIBC offices in Frankfurt, London and Brussels. The Compliance & Regulatory Affairs function operates as separate independent Business Unit (BU). This BU is part of the SBU Risk, Legal, Compliance and CSR (RLCC), and the Head of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer and the Managing Board.
Key focus of Compliance is the 3 lines of defence model: to advise on and manage/remediate compliance risk & conduct matters at strategic-, transaction- and personal level, to monitor and control compliance risks within the agreed policy and control frameworks, to ensure our frameworks and policies remain up to date and to train & educate all staff on an ongoing basis to ensure appropriate and efficient compliance risk management across our organisation.
The team consists of around 15 FTEs and consists of a Compliance team, a Regulatory Affairs team and a Project & Strategy Office. The team works on the basis of its Compliance & Regulatory Affairs Charter, the Compliance & Regulatory Affairs year planning – including monitoring plan – and a Target Operating Model.
Position & Responsibilities
The Compliance & Regulatory Affairs team is searching for a Compliance Officer to cover the Corporate Banking division. The ideal candidate likes to work with skilled professionals in a complex, dynamic, demanding and international environment.
Tasks and responsibilities;
- You will be (co)-responsible for and coordinating the general set-up and execution of compliance activities within the Corporate Banking division together with others in the team;
- You are actively involved in responding to day-to-day compliance related requests from other (strategic and supportive) Business Units, day-to-day compliance monitoring activities and compliance training and education;
- You provide the business pro-actively and on request with adequate Compliance advice;
- You are actively involved in certain compliance and strategic projects;
- You are (co)-representing the BU Compliance towards other departments
- You are actively involved in delivering compliance consultancy at transaction, department and personal level.
- A master degree in, law and/or economics or comparable educational level
- Certified Compliance Officer or AML degree or similar compliance training.
- 4-8 years job experience in the financial or financial consultancy industry, preferably with a Dutch bank and covering corporate banking business.
- Knowledge of compliance related (EU) laws & legislations;
- Knowledge of compliance practices;
- General knowledge of a bank, its products and services;
- Knowledge of corporate banking products and services;
- Able to represent Compliance towards a Business Unit Manager;
- An analytical mind;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing) and proficient in Dutch.
Personality & Skills
- Team player with a positive solution-driven mind-set;
- Independent and self-starting professional;
- Hand-on mentality;
- High personal ethical standards;
- Analytical capability and attention to detail;
- Good verbal and written communication skills (both Dutch and English);
- Strong interpersonal skills: presentation and influencing;
- Able to thrive in the field of force of conflicting opinions and interests;
- Flexible and able to deal with resilience;
- Able to deal with the ‘letter of the law’ and the ‘spirit of the law’;
Information: Esther Demeree – 06-23258970