A young and enthusiastic company which provides advanced solutions for streaming Virtual Reality and panoramic video. Our customers are major media and telecom industry players located worldwide, online VR video platforms, as well as developers of VR software in general. Our ClearVR solution consists of two major components: a client-side SDK for streaming low-latency and very high-quality VR, and an AWS-based content encoding and packaging service. On top of these core products we’ve developed our own VR and panoramic video player to demonstrate the power of our streaming solution.
We’re looking to expand our growing team with an experienced backend engineer that knows how to reliably scale services on Cloud infrastructures like AWS, GCP and Azure. You’ll be part of a team developing the complex backend that allows for a fully self-serviced live encoding and packaging chain for VR material with extreme resolutions from 8K upward (16x the resolution of your current HD TV). This requires a considerable amount of cloud resources: 100s of CPU cores working in tandem, extreme speed intermediate storage solutions, GPU based platform elements etc. Since we target high value customers and events (like .e.g, the FA Cup Final) with our VR streaming solutions, reliability and automatic service checking are of the essence.
As an experienced backend software engineer you have an enthusiastic, proactive and passionate attitude and a ‘can do’ mentality. You’ve got a burning desire to ensure that your services run with at least five 9’s uptime and scale seamlessly even though extreme amounts of cloud resources might be needed. You’re always on the lookout for new and challenging problems to tackle and as a team player, you like to help, and be helped by, others. Above all, you’re excited about VR and would like to see your backend code be used for streaming e.g. the Olympics in VR!
- 3-5 years working experience as a backend software engineer;
- analytical skills, you are accurate, precise and passionate;
- at least a Bachelor in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or a related field;
- extensive experience in building scalable and reliable backend products;
- extensive experience in one or several backend languages (preferably Golang);
- extensive experience with Cloud infrastructure service provisioning and software components;
- a healthy knowledge of fast scalable data storage;
- excellent communication skills and you are fluent in English.
- You can aspect a competitive salary package;
- A positive, innovative and challenging work environment;
- Company lunches, interesting tech talks, Friday afternoon drinks etc.;
- A cool place to work.
For information: Dick Macrander – firstname.lastname@example.org – +31 633315227