As a Market Data officer you work in the heart of Amsterdam, in an internationally oriented position with a focus on market data compliance. You act within the Market Data Compliance and Operations department and oversee the Market Data Compliance Program. You function as an independent and objective body that initiates customer reviews including on-site audits and evaluates issues/concerns within the customer’s organization.
You are responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Market Data Compliance Program. You plan, communicate, organize, initiate, and control the Market Data day-to-day administrative and operational compliance activities.
You exist as a channel of communication to receive, review and direct compliance issues to appropriate customers for investigation and resolution. You provide guidance in respect of exchange policies regarding the provision of market Data to customers in order to ensure the protection and maximization of revenue from this source.
- Ensure that organizations utilize market data are in line with the terms of our agreements;
- Proactively advise organizations on best practices in relation to usage of market data;
- Proactively develop and manage a global pipeline of compliance opportunities, tracked on a monthly basis and follow up with product- and licensing managers to ensure exposures are licensed efficiently and appropriately;
- Communicate and collaborate internally to meet and attempt to exceed compliance revenue targets;
- Regularly liaise and work with the Legal department;
- Regularly liaise and work with Cash and Derivatives account managers;
- Take responsibility for certain investigations from start to finish including leading and engaging in client/prospect discussions with regular updates to management. This includes flagging risks, dependencies and opportunities as they arise and make recommendations;
- Able to generate reports that provide required information to analyze data permissions and data usage, be fully conversant with the requirements for compliance on data usage;
- Understand Enterprise data flows and how it impacts the clients’ business;
- Successfully finalize several audits and compliance reviews within a certain timeframe according to set KPI’s.
- Higher professional education in Business, Finance, Economics or related field;
- Familiarity and understanding of the financial markets and its participants;
- 2 years prior experience in the financial industry;
- Pro-active, flexible and takes initiative;
- Excellent Analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Expert in Excel/Data manipulation;
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing in English, preferred ability to speak Italian and/or Dutch;
- High degree of discretion and integrity;
- Stress resistant, able to deal with pressure and able to set priorities;
- Thorough understanding of market data, contracts and processes;
- Experience in cross-cultural and geographic negotiation;
- Basic knowledge and experience with compliance audits.
Information: Esther Demeree – +31623258970