Being part of the team, you’re in the heart of the organization. The Market Services (EMS) is the front line for Euronext Cash, Derivatives and Commodities business with two operational centres in Amsterdam and Paris to ensure fair and orderly markets for all Cash, Derivatives and Commodities products, including Corporate Actions, Euronext Indices, Market Data, Member on boarding and Hosted Commercial Markets. EMS is a preferred entry point for all talents willing to work in the Euronext or more broadly in the financial markets industry.
The focus of the position will be related to Derivatives Corporate Actions (50%) as well as Derivatives Market Surveillance (50%). The activities are shown more in detail below:
For 50% of your time, you are responsible for maintaining a fair and orderly market on all the relevant asset classes within the scope of the Euronext Market Surveillance department.
- Running platforms & tools: performing start of day and end of day checks on production and test (EUA) environments as well as taking care of continuous monitoring of services, jointly with Service Operations.
- Monitoring/Alerting/prevent and detect market manipulations. Report suspicious cases to Member Compliance through the defined process. Proposal of new alerts notably to take into account regulatory evolutions
- Incident management: identification, alert to IT, work on resolution notably during SIP, handle market status communication and drafting of info flash when assigned this role. Work on postmortem and with Problems management
- Track resolution of bugs linked to incidents and provide views on priority level.
- Execution on key tests on the new releases: sanity checks, tests of selected end-to-end functionalities
- Possibility to be the EMS contributors for company projects: design, approval of specifications, Business Acceptance / end user testing, preparation of conformance test scripts, preparation of operational readiness: participation to the Launch strategy and the organization of dress rehearsals when needed
- Contribute to the quality of the service delivery by supporting implementation and tracking of SLAs and KPI.
- Projects definition, delivery & implementation / NFR
- Functional and technical ownership customers’ facing applications, functional requirements. Making sure that operational services are properly delivered to clients, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Update trading manual / Rulebook / Operational procedures updates when needed.
For the other 50% of your time, you are responsible for managing and coordinating the corporate actions on a global level with regard to all Derivatives products listed on Euronext.
- Search, study and analyze information to spot Corporate Actions for Derivatives products or updates the already known Corporate Actions.
- Assess the effect of Corporate Actions on the markets and the relevant products, consult all relevant parties and sends out the necessary information.
- Aware of main developments /issues/events in the market and how these (can) result in a Corporate Action.
- Ensure that the adjustment for a Corporate Actions is performed in accordance with the CA Policy.
- Provide clients with information on the corporate actions policy and corporate actions updates.
- Inform market participants of the CA operations by sending out Notices.
- Participate in business acceptance tests of new/updated functionalities.
- Participate in different projects and communicate efficiently with stakeholders.
- Responsible for setting up new derivatives and index products in the referential tool (derivatives)
- Responsible for all referential updates in the derivative referential system defined in the scope of EMS Corporate Actions.
- Develop and maintain excellent contacts and working relationships with other internal departments, external stakeholders, and Management.
- Excellent structure and analytical skills and ability to think conceptually
- Proactive attitude during incidents or to contribute to the continuous improvement
- Integrity and confidentiality are key requirements for this role
- Team player including with ability to work in a virtual team across locations to achieve a common goal
- Willing to work in shifts between 06:30 and 22:30
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor or master’s degree in economics or related field
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following: operations, data management, financial products management, preferably in the financial industry.
- Knowledge of financial markets is required knowing that there is an intense onboarding period during the first months
- Knowledge of Derivates Corporate Actions operations.
- Conceptual knowledge of most of the following areas: Trade Lifecycle, Exchanges, Compliance, Cash products and Trading Procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (knowledge of visual basics is a plus).
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
For information : Esther Demeree – Esther@macrander.nl – 06-23258970