Our client is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative – embracing teamwork and creativity. You will be working with 60 colleagues of 16 different nationalities. Our team consists of hard-core traders, curious researchers, brilliant and creative developers, and an enthusiastic support staff. We’re not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas.
As Trading Manager Amsterdam, you are responsible for increasing the trading teams’ productivity and profitability, finding liquidity and resources optimization, adding performance to portfolios. and driving continuous innovation.
- Expanding the companies global trading footprint.
- Leading the various trading teams and helping team leads to increase team productivity and profitability.
- Improve trading processes, reduce trading costs, find liquidity optimization, and minimize execution issues.
- Cooperate with the technology teams to stimulate the creation of innovative trading solutions.
- Represent the company in the market, on events, and in the sourcing of trading talents.
- Monitoring pre- and post-market dealings on various global asset classes such as equities, derivatives, bonds, and commodities.
- Intensify dialogue with the Risk department, venues, and core brokers.
- Drive the traders’ development and education program.
- Keeping market and regulatory knowledge up-to-date.
- Occasional international travel.
- Connecting people, disciplined, accurate, competitive, and decisive are your basic standards.
- You have more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with leadership experience in financial markets.
- You have experience managing algo-driven trading desks.
- You preferably have a highly quantitative background MSc/ PhD in mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science.
- You like to inspire people to aim for excellence and cooperation.
- Your mind is set on innovation and continuous improvement.
- You are cooperative and able to persuade various stakeholders, such as traders, clearing members, compliance, and IT / development, you are not afraid to share your opinion.
- You have thorough knowledge of market regulation and venue rules.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- Experience with project management. (nice to have)
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and quantitative trading (nice to have)
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious trading company with a focus on technology and quantitative research
- Have impact on the direction and ambitions of the company
- Facilities to develop your skills and competences
- A competitive rewards package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular base
Information: Esther Demeree – firstname.lastname@example.org – +31-0623258970