Univest Company was established as Unilever’s in-house central investment unit responsible for overseeing the c. €25bn of assets of Unilever’s worldwide pension funds. Univest Company provides services to Unilever largest pension plans such as the UK and NL pension fund ranging from advice and assistance to reviewing and fully implementing investment strategies. The Univest Company also has responsibility for running a range of cross border asset pooling vehicles (the Univest pooled funds with currently €10 billion of assets) for the benefit of Unilever pension funds.
Univest Company has a staff of 32 people in the UK and Netherlands. This role will be based in Rotterdam and will be supporting the Head of Pooled Funds and Operations, who oversees the management of the pooled funds and the investment operations on behalf of the pension funds.
As an Investment Operations Analyst you would be responsible for a variety of operational activities on behalf of our pension funds and pooled funds. For this role accuracy is a key competence. This will include;
- Cash Management, including cash movements within set timeliness standards and daily cutoff times
- Instructing subscriptions and redemptions as decided by the pension plan to ensure they remain within their strategic bandwidths as part of their rebalancing policy
- Trade and settlement activities on behalf of the pension funds or following investment activity within the pooled funds through regular dealing cycles
- Reviewing balances and valuation statements
- Input into projects being managed by the team that have an impact on operational activities
In this role you will interact with the Univest Company client and investment teams, in particular in relation to executing instructions. In addition, you will liaise with external parties such as custodians and investment manager operations teams. It is key to be able to manage many moving parts with different external parties to ensure dealing deadlines are not missed.
- Degree in Business administration/ Economics/ Finance (HBO)
- Min 3 years’ experience working in operational and or administrative roles
- Work experience within a custodian bank (preferred), in particular in relation to cash management, trading and settlement activities
- Experience in working in a multinational organisation is ideal
- A natural passion for understanding processes end-to-end with the ability to prioritise tasks and effective performance under pressure.
- Strong in organising and coordinating work to meet deadlines is key
- Highly accurate individual in all aspect of the work you perform
- Key strength in working with numbers
- Able to work remotely with numerous stakeholders and to develop with them collaborative relationships.
- Able to effectively work in a team environment
- Maintains excellent verbal and written communication skills internally and with outside parties
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- A competitive salary package according to role & experience
- Attractive short and long term incentives
- Company Pension (Only applicable if based in the Netherlands)
- Flexible career opportunities
- Library full of learning & well-being resources whenever and wherever
- An exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen
Information: Dick Macrander – email@example.com – 06-33315227