Strategic Business Development is looking for a Strategic Business Development Manager who will be a key contributor in the monitoring and execution of Robeco’s strategic agenda, including supporting in the non-organic and product structure development. Strategic Business Development is part of the Strategic Product and Business Development (“SP&BD”) department and reports in to the Head of Strategic Product and Business Development (ExCo member). The Strategic Business Development department is tasked with the analysis and development of non-organic initiatives, ie either mergers, acquisitions or divestments. These non-organic initiatives can range from small bolt-on acquisitions to full scale mergers. Next to the non-organic initiatives the team is also in the lead on analyzing and developing new product vehicle initiatives. Finally, the department supports the ExCo in its strategy setting and monitoring process.
We are looking for an analytical team player that can lead the monitoring of Robeco strategic agenda, support the analysis of non-organic initiatives as well as new product structuring initiatives. You will report to the Head of Strategic Business Development and work closely together with two Senior Strategic Business Development Managers.
The Business Development specialist performs the following tasks:
- Analyzing and evaluating on non-organic proposals in the merger, acquisition or divestment domain; support in the execution of adopted initiatives towards a deal, incl. DD processes.
- Develop product ideas based on product structures and vehicles not yet present at Robeco, and support the organization with the development of new product structures and vehicles.
- Monitor and report on relevant market developments in country/market/client-segments Robeco operates incl. deep-dive target analysis on certain markets players/segments.
- Supporting the company in monitoring and reporting on the progress of the Strategic plan / corporate strategy;
Position & Requirements
The function will have responsibility for specific initiatives on behalf of the Strategic Business Development department based on the strategic direction as set by the ExCo. To do so, the Strategic Business Development Manager makes use of strong analytical, project-management and personal skills to organize and mobilize the appropriate resources and is comfortable working in a multi-discipline and international environment at all levels of the organization.
You have the ability to form an independent opinion and convince other team members, (senior) management and the organization. You like being challenged and you like to challenge your colleagues to get the best results. You bring (new) knowledge and new insights to the table. You are able to translate complex matters into clear advice and realize them under high pressure.
For this challenging and demanding function in the organization, we look for experienced candidates with a solid interest in the investment industry in general and Robeco and its products in particular, and who would like to contribute to Robeco’s future commercial successes in a focused and positive way. In this position you will be able to develop yourself personally as well as professionally, not only via training and courses Robeco offers, but also on the job, as you will be working with 3 senior colleagues in the team. On the other hand, we are looking forward to learning from you as well.
- has a university degree and minimum 3-7 years of work experience preferably in the relevant field (ie Strategy, Corporate Development, M&A and/or Product structure/vehicle development);
- has strong analytical and preferably also valuation skills;
- has a good understanding of the asset management company landscape
- is able to work independently, but always connected to the team;
- can handle multiple initiatives with tight deadlines at the same time;
- finds internal support for new ideas;
- is capable to translate the information into concrete proposals and advice;
- A dynamic and diverse working environment with a lot of development opportunities in both, comprehensively and in an in-depth manner;
- Numerous learning opportunities will occur because of frequent interactions with various parties inside and outside the company.
Information: Esther Demeree – email@example.com – +31623258970