Our client is an international, intercultural company, which provides its more than 2,200 employees in more than 20 countries worldwide with a dynamic work environment at a high-tech company. In the Netherlands, a total of 200 professionals help build the future of our fast-growing company.
Derivative Corporate Actions and Index Operations is part of the Issuers Services Department and manages all Corporate Actions for both derivatives and indices, as well as ensuring the correct calculation of all indices. The company is one of the leading index providers in Europe. The company has over 600 indices of all sizes and profiles, that are designed, calculated, and published in-house. This includes over 45 ESG indices and 8 major blue-chip indices in Europe, namely our national flagship indices: AEX®, BEL 20®, CAC 40®, CAC 40 ESG® ISEQ 20®, OBX® and PSI 20®, MIB ESG®. The team operates daily from 08.00 – 19.00 CET.
Derivative Corporate Actions and Index Operations is a preferred entry point for all talents to work in the financial markets industry. The team in Amsterdam is a team that consists of 13 enthusiastic professionals with a balanced mix of junior and senior people that all bring different expertise.
The index analyst has responsibility for all indices maintained and calculated by the exchange. One of the main tasks is to ensure that all Corporate Actions are processed correctly in the index calculation tool. The candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Search, studies and analyses information to spot Corporate Actions or update the already known Corporate Actions.
- Monitor the calculation and broadcast of index levels.
- Reviewing indices and communicating the new composition to the market.
- Responsible for setting up new Indices in the scope of Index Operations.
- Answer questions and requests from clients.
- Assesses the effect of Corporate Actions on the markets and the relevant products, consults all relevant parties and sends out the necessary information.
- Follow all rule changes of the indices.
- Develop and maintain excellent contacts and working relationships with other internal departments (Amsterdam and Paris), external stakeholders and Management.
- At least 1 year of experience, preferably in the financial industry.
- Able to work independently and shows a good level of initiative.
- A strong personality with a high level of integrity and strong attention to detail.
- An energetic team player, who is able to multitask.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or a related field.
- Experience with Reuters and Bloomberg is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel (knowledge of visual basics and phyton is a plus).
- Effective written and oral communication skills in both English and Dutch (Portuguese and French are a plus).
- Affinity with databases and some IT knowledge.
The company stands out for our strong local connection within an international high-tech company. With more than 2,100 capital markets experts with 55 nationalities represented in 18 countries, our company is a unique and diverse place to work.
The attraction and growth of talent are key. To ensure this, we provide our team members with a stimulating, progressive working environment. Our way of working focuses on empowering productivity and creativity. Collaboration through teamwork and a non-hierarchical approach is of paramount importance.
As a modern employer, we offer an attractive employee value proposition through which our employees can achieve their full potential. This includes a competitive salary, and many other benefits dedicated to personal growth, ongoing education and employee wellness, such as:
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to grow as industry leaders and experts, including a personal training budget
- Clear career path within the department
- Opportunities for coaching
- A generous pension plan fitted to modern standards
- A substantial number of holiday hours
- Full access to an online Academy and a wide variety of events during our annual learning week
- In-house physiotherapist and gym
- Full subscription to Headspace, the first-class mindfulness and mediation app.
For more information contact Esther Demeree / 06-23258970 – email@example.com