Our Client is asset manager based in the The Hague. It’s a dynamic, global environment with clients in seven different countries and more than 200 professionals. The are licensed as a fund manager and provides portfolio services. Continuous change in the financial markets and in financial regulations make this a professionally challenging place to work – regulations and Compliance are at the very top of our agenda.
Data Management as a function is newly formed, our priority is to embed Data Governance and enable a framework of standardisation, supporting consumers across the organisation. If you have the passion and drive to support the organisation’s most valued asset Data, then this may be the right role for you. As the organisation transitions into a data driven organisation, you will be pivotal in ensuring we are successful on our Data journey.
As a Data Governance Manager, you will be organising, coordinating and managing the data governance activities. You will have responsibility and oversight for Collibra and its associated toolkit. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to the data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices both at Business and Functional levels, aiming to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection of data in order to meet overall business needs.
You will work closely with the Data Owners and Data Stewards to improve the value of core data, respond to regulatory requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the organisation. You will be in contact with different levels of the organisation – from operational to strategic. Requirements to gather the information from relevant stakeholders, seeking to understand and document data needs within specific business domains and processes.
- Provide company-wide definition of data elements and map those to specific systems/applications, as well as specific domains/processes.
- All aspects of defining, updating SAMCo’s governance framework and supporting the multiple data domains.
- Support the Data Program with Collibra Implementation, chosen tool for Data Governance
- Provide company-wide definitions of data elements and map those to specific systems/applications, as well as specific domains/processes.
- Together with stakeholders define and help implement data policies around data processes and data management.
- Always align the governance with SAMCo’s strategic vision and goals
- Further define the data Governance processes ensuring communication to stakeholders
- Participate in the delivery of Education, awareness & mentoring materials.
- Support the Data Governance Board process
- Design and support a Data Quality Dashboard
- Understanding of Asset Management business and associated data processes
- Extensive knowledge of Data Governance frameworks and industry best practice
- Strong Data Governance experience in Metadata management, Data Catalog, and Data lineage skills using Collibra
- Collibra experience preferred
- Proven relevant work experience
- Batchelor’s degree
You will be a strong communicator, friendly, able to build rapport with people easily. You have strong analytical and stakeholder management skills. You can quickly grasp the big picture and dive into details where needed. You are a quick learner and willing to adapt and improve constantly. You can act independently, but also join in the team efforts as a team-player.
For more information; Esther Demeree – Esther@macrander.nl – 06-23258970