Our client is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative – embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters are in Amsterdam, Paris, and London. We currently work with 70 colleagues of 25 different nationalities. Our team consists of hard-core traders, curious researchers, brilliant and creative developers, and an enthusiastic support staff. We’re not afraid to think differently, we embrace new ideas and we dream big.
The companies ambition is to become a global leading trading firm. Data analysis and automation are two core pillars of our growth, and a strong risk management framework is a key fundament for it.
We are looking for a Head of Risk Management in Amsterdam to further lead, build and expand our company’s risk management function to the next level. Reporting to the Management Board, the Head of Risk Management will be responsible for overseeing the monitoring and control of the positions in the trading books in real-time to make sure that business activities remain within the pre-defined risk appetite.
Furthermore, you will be proactive in developing next-level risk tools to support traders and managers in identifying opportunities.
- Leading the risk management into a future with a strategic focus on algorithmic trading
- Designing and implementing our risk management strategy Guiding and inspiring our Risk team members to become excellent in their roles
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the firm to improve risk strategies and risk-mitigating solutions; discussing them with the board and traders.
- Provide substantial countervailing power to a highly demanding trading team
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of operational risk and market risks
- Data-driven innovation of the companies risk framework to make it future-proof (to proactively address risks and identify opportunities for the company)
- Increasing awareness of the risk management throughout the company
- Providing input on new business activities from a risk management perspective.
- You can be described as a control freak with an entrepreneurial mindset; you won’t let go until you found the perfect balance between being in control and reaching challenging company goals,
- You have worked several years in front-office risk management and have extensive experience with equities, derivatives, commodities, algorithmic trading, HFT, market making, and IT-risk management
- You have at least 2 years of experience with algorithmic trading risk management
- You have successfully led a risk team before, or you are explicitly seen by colleagues as a talented future leader
- You are eager to drive necessary change in a fast-paced environment
- Your mindset is on innovation and continuous improvement, you follow the developments in risk management closely
- You are tech-savvy; you will use your Python and SQL skills to (help) build the companies next generation risk monitoring tools
- You have a Master’s degree in quantitative study, and strong analytical skills
- You have a compelling communication style and you are able to work closely with various stakeholders (traders, management board, clearing members, IT developers)
- You possess great organizational skills to design and implement key risk projects for the firm
- You are intimately familiar with models for margin/haircut calculation both in European and US regimes
- You have a fundamental understanding of clearing model
- Experience with Itiviti Tbricks is a plus
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- The opportunity to supervise and create a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast-growing and ambitious company and a great team
- Have an impact on the direction and ambitions of the company
- Facilities to develop your skills and competencies
- A competitive reward package, including a variable bonus
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sports facility via ClassPass
- Travel costs reimbursement or Swap Bike
- Fun activities with colleagues on a regular base
- Great offices in the city centre of vibrant Amsterdam, Paris and London.
For information: Dick Macrander – email@example.com – 06-33315227