As a Senior Risk Officer, you will play an integral role in shaping the mortgage portfolio by analysing credit risk of our clients, the (product specific) underwriting criteria (used for program lending approach) and the impact of changes on the portfolio as well as the credit profile of the portfolio. This will give you exposure in the full range of risk management activities, with a primary focus on portfolio/credit risks.
Retail Risk offers talented and ambitious professionals the opportunity to join a team at the heart of the organization.
- Leading role on the strategic direction and the coordination of retail risk activities.
- Reporting to the Head of Retail Risk and Risk Portfolio Management you will take ownership of monitoring, assessing, analysing and reporting on the financial risks in the companies retail offering.
- Help coordinate all retail risk activities with Compliance, Legal, Group Risk Management, etc.
- Evaluating larger residential mortgage loan requests for consumers and business customers, including complex requests for renovations or commercial real estate, where you independently come to a final assessment.
- Assessing changes to the mortgage loan underwriting guidelines and risk appetite of the products and portfolio.
- Working closely with the Retail Banking, assessing risks of and advising in new (e.g. innovation and product development) projects and act as a sparring partner for commercial as well as risk colleagues.
- Staying abreast of developments in the (Dutch residential) real estate market and using this knowledge in performing risk analyses based on internal and external data to actively steer the portfolio and report on Retail Risk developments internally.
The Company enables ambitions by financing assets which is at the core of the (retail) mortgage offering with a total portfolio under management of more than EUR 22m. Retail Risk Management is part of Risk Management and is responsible for the risk management of retail offering consisting of mortgage lending in the Netherlands and saving accounts in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. Together with diverse colleagues (market risk, credit risk, legal, compliance and operational risk management), the Retail Risk team covers the full spectrum across the retail offering. Due to the nature of the business/clients, non-financial risks are focus areas as well.
- 8+ years working experience (in banking and financial products) including knowledge of the Dutch (residential) mortgage market ideally including credit risk.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders as well as connect and build relationships.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and communication skills with strong English and Dutch language skills and ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture.
- Flexible team player who is able to work independently and has a keen desire to learn and grow.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and not afraid to share opinion.
- A good sense of humour and an ability to handle stress.
You receive a competitive salary, plus;
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, among others:
– Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
– Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
– Free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
Our client embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. Their guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office.
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class.
- 32 vacation days (which do not have to be registered).
- Excellent pension scheme (27% companies contribution).
- A voucher to improve your home office.
- Laptop and a company phone.
For information: Dick Macrander – firstname.lastname@example.org – 06-33315227