Our client a commercial bank in the Netherlands offering corporate and retail banking products and services. Its corporate banking activities range from advising, structuring, financing and co-investing across debt and equity in Northwest Europe with a focus on the Netherlands and Germany.
As our Vendor Manager, you will manage (strategic) vendors to ensure continuous value-adding service delivery to the organization and ensure compliancy with rules and legislation. You identify commercial opportunities and manage sourcing and delivery of products or services to internal customers. You take mitigation action in case of non-fulfillment of agreements and make sure all risks are controlled.
- Manage vendor contracts and ensure they are updated and renewed in a timely manner.
- Lead negotiations to establish profitable contracts with (strategic) vendors.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop vendor performance metrics and track progress against them.
- Monitor vendor performance and ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
- Conduct vendor assessments to evaluate vendor capabilities and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that vendor management files are compliant with regulations, such as EBA and DORA.
Maturing vendor management capability
- Develop and implement vendor management policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve vendor management processes and implement best practices.
- Provide guidance and support to other teams on vendor management-related issues.
You take initiative, perform well both in a team, independently and you can plan and organize your work. You are able to perform under pressure and are quick in building and maintaining relationships. Additionally, you are politically sensitive, know how to manage different stakeholders and can adhere to processes and procedures under pressure, without losing track of the bigger picture.
What makes you eligible, is:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in Vendor Management, Contract Management, Supplier Management or Procurement
- Excellent social, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience managing contracts and negotiating terms
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Fluent in English (our corporate language), written & spoken. Dutch is a plus
- Broad general knowledge or possess an interest in IT & Data
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work
- Contribute to the professionalization of the vendor management capability
You receive a competitive salary, plus;
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, among others:
– Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
– Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
– Free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
Our client embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. Their guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office.
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class.
- 32 vacation days (which do not have to be registered).
- Excellent pension scheme (27% companies contribution).
- A voucher to improve your home office.
- Laptop and a company phone.
For information: Dick Macrander – firstname.lastname@example.org – 06-33315227