Our client has the ambition to become a global leading trading firm. Data analysis and automation are two core pillars of our growth, and our strong risk management framework is a key foundation for it. We are looking for a senior, data-driven risk manager in Amsterdam to take our company’s risk management function to the next level. Reporting to the Management Board, you will take the lead in strengthening our controls in collaboration with the traders and engineers, and develop world-class risk tools that help identify weaknesses and opportunities. You ensure we keep the company safe, simultaneously elevating our controls into strategic edge.
- Designing and implementing a risk management strategy.
- Ensuring the risk management environment is future-proof, with a strategic focus on algorithmic trading.
- Data-driven innovation of the risk framework to proactively address risks and identify opportunities for the company.
- Monitoring day-to-day trading behaviour and trading books positions (real-time) to ensure business activities remain within the defined risk appetite.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the firm to improve our controls and risk-mitigating solutions; discussing ideas with peers, traders, and engineers, and ultimately proposing them to the board.
- Providing substantial countervailing power to a highly demanding trading team.
- Increasing awareness of risk management throughout the company.
- Guiding and mentoring your fellow risk team members.
- Providing guidance on new business activities from a risk management perspective
- You are a risk professional who has a great affinity with data analysis and algorithmic trading.
- You are eager to drive change in a fast-paced environment.
- Your mindset is on innovation and continuous improvement, you follow the developments in risk management closely.
- You are able to balance risk and reward on a case-by-case basis.
- Your personality is characterized as down-to-earth, steadfast, firm, and your integrity is beyond reproach.
- You have a compelling communication style and enjoy working closely with various stakeholders (traders, engineers, management board, clearing members)
- You possess great organizational skills to drive key firm-wide risk projects from initiation to completion.
- You have a number of years of experience with algorithmic trading risk management.
- You have extensive experience with equities, derivatives, commodities, algorithmic trading, HFT, market making, and IT risk management.
- You are intimately familiar with models for margin/haircut calculation both in European and US regimes.
- You have a fundamental understanding of clearing models.
- You are proficient with Python and SQL.
- You possess a Master’s degree in quantitative study, you have strong analytical skills.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Challenge yourself. Be part of the dynamic work environment and grow along with us.
- Develop yourself. Join internal and external learning & development opportunities to enhance your personal and professional growth.
- Treat yourself. Enjoy healthy and delicious meals delivered by Alma Sustainable Catering.
- Stay fit. Sports facility access via ClassPass.
- Keep the spirit up. Fun activities with your teammates on a regular basis and Friday drinks too.
- Team up. A great office vibe in the heart of Amsterdam.
- It’s on us. Travel costs reimbursement or a Swap-bike.
- A competitive reward package including benefits and profit share.
Information; Dick Macrander – Dick@macrander.nl – +31633315227