As a hedge accounting specialist, you will work in a dynamic environment where the bank’s hedging activities are continuously impacted by changing market conditions and regulations. You will focus on determining and analyzing the fair values of the Bank’s financial instruments and management of our hedge relationships and hedge accounting processes. This involves complex valuation models built and managed in our modelling environments. You will run, analyze and continuously improve these models. You will challenge valuation and hedge accounting results by performing in-depth analysis on inputs, intermediate outputs and results.
As a valuation and hedge accounting specialist you will join the Product Control team. Within the Finance department, the Product Control team is responsible for the valuation of financial instruments, the execution of hedge accounting and controlling the portfolios managed by the different businesses, as well as performing the monthly closing procedures and preparing the IFRS-based financial statements and disclosures. Within the team, with a mix in experience and backgrounds, we strive for an informal, collegial atmosphere where respect, appreciation and positivity are core values.
As a multicultural midsize bank with a working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, our client is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
The Finance department supports management with information to effectively steer the organization with timely, reliable and relevant information. It ensures the bank is compliant with applicable laws and regulations regarding financial and regulatory reporting. The department constantly refines the design, implementation and maintenance of the operating model that fits the business strategy of constant development of new commercial efforts.
- You have completed a relevant degree (a Master degree in Finance, Financial economics or Econometrics)
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of and experience with valuation of financial instruments, including derivatives
- Experience with the application of hedge accounting
- Knowledge of Matlab or similar modelling software is highly appreciated
- Fluent language skills in English and Dutch
Personality & skills
- You like to perform numerical analyses and solve complex problems
- You are curious and want to get to the bottom of things, you have an eye for details
- You like to improve processes and models
- You are a team player with a positive mindset
- You have a high feeling of responsibility and are eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills and sense of accountability
Your will work in an ambitious environment where we strive to create a fantastic workplace where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line with our Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial values. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, a.o.: Personal development budget and Professional budget
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class
- 32 holidays (which do not have to be registered)
- Excellent pension scheme
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days
- Monthly internet allowance
- Laptop and a company phone
- Excellent facilities at the office
For more information contact: Dick Macrander – firstname.lastname@example.org – +31633315227