Our client is a Pensionfund which is responsible for overseeing the c. €25bn of assets of worldwide pension schemes. They have the responsibility for running a range of cross border asset pooling vehicles (the pooled funds) consisting of different investment products across multiple asset classes.
In this international setting our client holds portfolio data and information in multiple systems, both in-house (FactSet) and external at custodians. Based on this data Univest company aims to provide best in class client and regulatory reporting (assets, performance, risk, sustainability). The reporting team also provides underlying data to the investment team to support their portfolio analysis. Close cooperation with third party providers and monitoring of their services in the area of data provisioning and risk and performance reports is a key part of the activities in the team.
Currently out client has a vacancy in the data and reporting team, a small team of three, for a Data Management & Reporting Analyst who will focus on the risk and performance reporting for clients and the asset pooling vehicles. This person will be closely involved in further rationalizing and improving the data and reporting processes and systems, shaping the future of the Company’s service standards.
Reporting to the pension funds and regulators
Prepare and coordinate the provisioning of reports to the pension funds and regulators on (amongst others):
- Asset values and allocation
- Various Risk measures (including monitoring of pre-specified limits)
- Sustainability / ESG indicators
Ensure this reporting is complete, correct and on time.
Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to keep this reporting up to market standards.
Liaising with third party service providers
Coordinate and discuss with third party service providers on reporting related topics, amongst others:
- Outsourced risk and performance data provision and reporting
- Performance and risk methodologies
- Manager and benchmark changes
Develop reports, dashboards and other tools
Develop, build and harmonize reports, dashboards and other tools which:
- Transform high quality data into meaningful and useful information to enable more effective insights and decision-making
- Meet the information needs of clients
- Meet the information needs of the portfolio managers in the investment team
- Further unlock the potential of the FactSet system used
Support the other members of the team where and when required.
Providing high quality reporting to clients and investment team.
The Data Management & Reporting Analyst closely interacts with clients and colleagues in the Univest Company team as well as third party providers.
- Economics, Finance or Information Technology degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2-5 year experience in the (institutional) asset management industry
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Experience in working with FactSet
- Experience in working with Bloomberg
- Experience in working with Power Bi
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Excel VBA
- Strong analytical skills
- A flexible team player
- Accurate, structured
- Easy communicator
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both spoken and written)
For more information: Esther Demeree – Esther@macrander.nl – 06-23258970