Our client is a multicultural midsize bank with a working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, our client is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
You will work in the Financial Control team, where all control and financial reporting activities take place. You will focus on maintaining, closing and reporting upon the accounts of the branch office. This involves multiple disciplines such as local GAAP reporting, group reporting (IFRS), regulatory reporting and tax filings. You will be a business partner for the office in Brussels and visits to the office in Brussels are encouraged to optimize cooperation with the colleagues in Belgium. You will also work closely together with the other branch controllers in London and Frankfurt.
As a Branch controller you will be based in The Hague and you be part of the Financial Control team of Finance department. Within the Finance department, the Financial Control team is responsible for the elimination and consolidation process, as well as performing the monthly closing procedures and preparing the IFRS-based financial statements and disclosures. The team is also responsible for the control frame work within Finance. Within the team, with a mix in experience and backgrounds, we strive for an informal, collegial atmosphere where respect, appreciation and positivity are core values.
Our client is an ambitious environment where together we strive to create a fantastic workplace where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line with our Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial values. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, a.o.: Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- The bank embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encouraging our colleagues to come to the office. The guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class
- 32 holidays (which do not have to be registered)
- Excellent pension scheme (26% NIBC contribution)
- A voucher to improve your home office
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your voice
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development
- You have completed a relevant degree (a Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Accounting & Control or Econometrics)
- You have approximately 3 to 6 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of and experience with financial instruments (IFRS 9)
- Fluent language skills in English and Dutch. French is a plus.
- You like to perform numerical analyses and solve complex problems
- You are curious and want to get to the bottom of things, you have an eye for details
- You like to improve processes and controls
- You don’t mind travelling on a frequent basis between Brussels and The Hague
- You are a team player with a positive mindset
- You have a high feeling of responsibility and are eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills and sense of accountability
Information: Esther Demeree – Esther@macrander.nl – 06-23258970